Slow Cooker Low Carb Beef Short Ribs (Keto)
|4 lbs boneless or bone in, beef short ribs cut crosswise into 2 inch pieces|
|2 tbsp olive oil|
|1 cup beef broth|
|1.5 cup onion chopped|
|3 cloves garlic minced|
|2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce homemade|
|2 tbsp tomato paste|
|1.5 cup red wine|
|Optional: celery, carrots|
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Season one side of your short ribs generously with salt and pepper.
- Place half of the ribs, seasoned side down onto the hot skillet and brown. Season the top of the ribs in the skillet with salt and pepper. Flip once the bottom is browned. Remove and set aside while browning the rest fo the meat.
- Add beef broth to slow cooker and place short ribs into crock pot.
- To the same skillet add your remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Cook for 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Pour this over the ribs in the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on high 4-6 hours or low 8-10 hours.